Native Knot - Native American Businesses Indian Culture Attractions Events

Wichita and Affiliated Tribes Continuing Education

Helping you improve your skills is our priority

Information on Continuing Education

Job Placement and Training (Service area requirement):

The Job Placement and Training program is to assist students with a bi-weekly stipend for attending a Vocational/Technical Center.  The stipend is for mileage and meals, based on attendance.  Students are required to enroll in a 1 or 2 year course, and have a H.S. diploma or GED certificate.   Students are required to apply for Federal Assistance Student Financial Aid (Pell grant).  If you are not Pell grant eligible, you may receive tuition/fee/books grant in lieu of the stipend assistance.  Submit the application with the required documentation listed on paperwork.  All vo-tech students must reapply every year with our office. 

Direct Employment Assistance (Service area requirement): 

The Direct Employment Assistance program is to assist tribal members with a one-time stipend for obtaining full-time employment.  Tribal members must be unemployed for at least six weeks and have H.S. diploma or GED certificate.  Requirements are to submit the application and required documentation before receiving your first paycheck. 

Adult Education (Service area Requirement):

The Adult Education program is to assist with short term training course needed for employment; to gain an employable skill or enhance current job skills.  The program will assist with tuition/book/fees for short term course (6-9 months in length).  The Adult Education program will also assist with GED enrollment fee, GED test fee, and re-test fee.