Peoria Tribe of Indians Enrollment
The Enrollment Office administers the following duties daily:
- Requests for membership applications
- Process and submit completed documentation to the Enrollment Committee for review of membership applications
- Requests for Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) applications; administration and distribution of CDIB cards from the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Distribution of photo membership and duplicate membership cards for members 18 and over.
- Distribution of membership and duplicate membership cards for members under 18.
- Administration of dis-enrollments, in specific conjunction with the Enrollment Committee, Business Committee and in compliance with the Policy and Procedures Manuel, the Enrollment Ordinance and Constitution
- Administration of relinquishment of memberships
- Verifications of Indian Preference for Employment
- Limited genealogy and ethnographic research for tribal members and persons applying for membership
- Maintenance of accurate data for tribal members, including change of addresses, name changes and deceased member notifications
- Monthly reports of data changes to the Business Committee and the Miami Agency Office Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Overall maintenance of membership records, in accordance with the Privacy Act, 43 CFR 2.52