Payroll Clerk / Accounts Payable
- Job Category: Banking/Financial
- Education: Associates Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Native American Job Board
SUMMARY AND SCOPE:
Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk processes bi-weekly payroll in PAYCHEX. The employee is
responsible for maintaining current payroll files, processing payrolls, 401K, recording payroll journals, and other tasks, as needed. Accounts Payable will be responsible for the preparation and processing of invoices including recording and maintaining financial records, data entry.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy office.
• Audit payroll reports before transmission of information;
• Ability to resolve payroll issues within established guidelines.
• Keep employee records and computer records updated with correct employee information.
• Ability to create excel spreadsheets for posting of Journal Entries.
• Process New hires, Terminations and personnel changes promptly and accurately.
• Working knowledge of Excel and other software applications.
• Excellent client service skills and communication skills.
• Effectively work in a team-oriented environment.
• General office duties, filing, mailing, telephone etiquette.
• Process debit cards to new Tribal Members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Familiar with Tribal Government fund accounting.
• Assist in purchasing, track expenses, analyze accounts and prepare monthly reports
• Prepare annual 1099’s, assist with month-end close, and prepare supporting audit documents.
• Prepare data input, check runs, and backup the data system, and maintain accounting files.
• Create check request for each invoice, maintain vendor files, and validate balance due on invoices
Code all invoices with correct general ledger codes.
• General office duties, filing invoices payments, mailing payments
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required. Associate in Computerized Accounting Degree with two years of
experience working with computerized accounting preferred.
• Required AP experience (3) years related experience in a computerized accounting environment,
preferably within a payroll function.
• Prior experience with PAYCHEX software for Payroll; Flex, Stratus Time, or similar software.
• May require local travel and occasional out-of-town travel.
• Excellent organizational skills. Good oral and written communication skills. Must have an aptitude for detailed work, follow specific instructions, confidentiality, and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with ease and flexibility, and accuracy.
• Knowledge of Accounts Payable, General Accounting Procedures, Accounting Software.
• Must have a good work ethic, good “people skills” and organizational skills.
• Must have good oral communication skills.
• Must have good time management; schedules, ability to prioritize, and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
• Must be flexible; with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
• Must have the ability to work independently in a time-sensitive environment.
• Must possess sound decision-making skills and multi-task while working in an environment of stress with specific deadlines.
• Must have the ability to document all procedures into a binder manual.
• Must possess a valid and clean California Driver’s License.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
• Awareness and sensitivity to Native American culture and tradition.
• Must be motivated and a self-starter.
PRCI TRIBAL PREFERENCE
For purposes of hiring, promotions, transfers, and training all candidates must possess the ''Minimum Qualifications" stated in the job description or job announcement. Minimum Qualifications are defined
as those entry-level qualifications essential to the performance of the basic responsibilities for each job
category, including but not limited to education, training, specific work experience, employment record,
and physical skills (where applicable).
Preference shall be given with respect to personnel decisions, layoffs, recalls, promotions, transfers, training, and hiring. First, enrolled Tribal Members who meet the Minimum Qualifications shall not be denied if another individual at a lower preference has higher qualifications than are necessary for the
position. Second, after preference is provided to enrolled Tribal Members, Native Americans who are enrolled members of a federally recognized tribe other than Picayune Rancheria of the Chukchansi Indians shall be provided preference over equally qualified non-Indian candidates, however, if the non-
Indian candidate is more qualified, a business decision may be made to hire or promote the best candidate.
If more than one person at the same preference level meets the Minimum Qualifications the decision-
makers shall have discretionary authority to make the appropriate business decision in the best interest of
the Tribe. Accordingly, when preparing job descriptions or job announcements care should be taken to establish qualifications that fit the desired needs of the position.
In accordance with Title VII 1964 Indian Civil Rights Act, Section 701(b) and 703(i), Preference in filling all vacancies will be given to qualified American Indian/Alaskan Native candidates.
E-mail Your Resume