Cherokee Nation taking school clothing aid applications by mail
The Cherokee Nation’s School Clothing Assistance program is taking application now through June 15.
The voucher program helps Cherokee families purchase clothing for school-aged children for the upcoming school year.
In the past, eligible school-aged children have received $100 Visa gift cards.
Eligibility requirements and documentation include:
• Students must be CN citizens with copies of tribal citizenship cards;
• Must live within the tribe’s jurisdiction verified by a utility bill, not exceeding 30 days from application date, that shows physical or service address;
• Student must be in grades kindergarten to 12 for the 2020-21 school year. Kindergarten student must be 5 years old before Sept. 9;
• Provide proof of school enrollment for each child;
• Application must be completed by parent or legal guardian, providing proof of ID;
• Legal guardians must provide proof of guardianship;
• Provide copies of income verification for all household members; and
• Household must meet income guidelines.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, applications are available online at www.cherokee.org/human-servces/family-assistance/school-clothing-assistance-program. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail applications to Cherokee Nation Family Assistance, Attn: School Clothing Program, P.O. Box 948, Tahlequah, OK 74465.