AIANTA Scholarship Program Taking Applications Soon
American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association
Scholarship Applications Available
Interested in a career in the hospitality and tourism industry?
Apply for AIANTA's Hospitality and Tourism Scholarship Program. AIANTA, as part of our mission, established the Scholarship Program to provide American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian students with financial assistance to earn a degree or certificate in the hospitality, tourism, recreation, culinary arts or related fields.
AIANTA awards three scholarships to American Indian, Alaska Native and/or Native Hawaiian students in a competitive review process. AIANTA encourages Indigenous students to develop careers in the cultural tourism industry to help sustain and strengthen your tribe's cultural legacy.
- Must be of American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian heritage (student must show documentation)
- Attending or enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4-year college/university or technical/vocational institution
- Must be attending and enrolled as a part-time or full-time student with an expressed interest in pursuing a career in tourism or tourism-related field
- GPA must be 2.5 or above (ALL current or future undergraduate/graduate college students are encouraged to apply)
- Scholarships are available for certificate and associate programs, undergraduate and graduate programs - online colleges are applicable
- Scholarships are only to be used for books and/or tuition
$1000 per academic year (FALL/SPRING semester only), $500 per semester
Postmarked by July 27, 2019, for the Fall Semester
Postmarked by December 7, 2019, for the Spring Semester